Saturday, May 30, 2015

Open Source Drumkit

Over at KVR, they have a thread.  It is about this Open Source Drumkit.

The readme says
"THE OPEN SOURCE DRUM KIT by Real Music Media - www.realmusicmedia.net
Mapped by BaardW (Tjuvdalen, Norway) v 1.0 feb 2010 - www.trelyd.org
Partially based on the mappings by SWTrex and herodotus
The samples and the mappings are completely in the public domain."

So I tried making a Kontakt 5 instrument out of it. Its pretty lightweight at about 120 megs. See what you think. OK cranked up the crash and ride. Take 2.



By downloading and using anything on this site you agree to this Limited Warranty & Liability.

7 comments:

  1. ThankZ, Joe, for the kit. Can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Can I create with their instruments music songs and then sell these? Do you have a possibility that I can donate for you?

    Regards
    cat003

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat003. This kit is entirely public domain. You can do anything you like with it. Some of the instruments will say they are Creative Commons and asked for credit. This is for the original sampler not for me. Again they are totally free, just drop a credit on your album or whatever.

      Thanks for the donation offer. So far God has taken good care of me and I'm hoping he doesn't stop. If you want, just help someone else out someday and we are even. Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Hello Joe,

    sorry for the late reply, I've felt bad. Thank you for your answer Joe.
    I have one more question, if I create a NKI instrument then a folder with samples to create and continue with you all is the NKI file without sample-folder. How is this done?

    thank you and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what you want is to open the instrument in Kontakt, under the 'Files' menu choose 'Save as...'. This should bring up a dialogue box and then pick 'Monolith'. If you save as a Monolith it should be one file, however some instruments don't work well as Monoliths especially those with custom graphics.

      Delete
  4. Good morning,

    I've tried, it worked well! Thanks Joe, I you and your team all the best! Up soon ...
    Best Regards ♫♫♫♫

    ReplyDelete